What do I need to do differently?

If you are the main beneficiary and making a claim, you can ask your insurance company if they can apply the new process. Then they will ask you to provide some information – for example, about your relationship to the deceased – and ask you to sign a declaration that you will pay back any money they pay you that you are not entitled to.