We are the voice of insurance and long-term savings | Contact us

Egypt protests the latest travel advice

We recommend that British holidaymakers check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website for the latest Government advice before travelling to Egypt.

The advice follows widespread civil unrest in the north African country.

British holidaymakers planning to visit the region should contact their holiday provider.

If alternative holiday arrangements are made you should be able to transfer your travel insurance to cover the new destination.

Some travel insurance policies may cover cancellation due to government advice - check your policy, and if unsure talk to your travel insurer.

For more information on travel insurance, see our travel insurance guide.

Last updated 01/07/2016